Bible verses about gospel

< Previous | Next >

Susan Su

Chinese
Hi friend,

I collected some Bible verses about salvation, entry into the heavenly kingdom, and rapture. Can I call them "Bible verses about the gospel"? Could you please tell me your ideas? Thank you.
Bible verses just like that:
Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Luke 19:9–10
And Jesus said to him, This day is salvation come to this house, as much as he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
<-----Excess quote removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Last edited by a moderator:
  • natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    'Gospel' means 'good news' (about Jesus Christ). Some people might use 'gospel' to refer to the salvation provided by God, and this seems like how you are using the term. I would suggest using another term unless you have explained how you are using 'gospel'. Even something like 'God's plan of salvation' will work better than just 'gospel'.

Last edited:

Uncle Jack

British English
    It does seem odd to me to say that a verse from Luke is about the gospel, since in ordinary English, the book of Luke is itself a gospel, and is usually entitled "The Gospel According to Luke".

< Previous | Next >