Bimbo Jungle?

sibellium

italy italian
How can I express the meaning of the expression "King of bimbo jungle" used on the Independent for Mr Berlusconi?
Is it some like "King of a childish and wild virtual world"?
Thanks
Francesco

• ewie

English English
    Ooh it's better than that, Sibellium. Bimbos are 'delectable young ladies with large attributes but small brains':D

mplsray

How can I express the meaning of the expression "King of the bimbo jungle" used on the Independent for Mr Berlusconi?
    Thanks
    Francesco

The paragraph in which the above appears, quoted from here:

At another level, millions actually approve: Mr Berlusconi is behaving exactly in the way truly powerful men are supposed to behave. There is a primitive aspect to his appeal, the king of the bimbo jungle. The ability to attract unlimited numbers of beautiful, nubile young women is the clearest, most naked proof of power.
    This is a take-off on "king of the jungle," which refers to the male lion and ordinarily is a reference to the lion's physical power. Here it appears to refer not just to power, but also to the lion's having many female mates in his pride.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    How can I express the meaning of the expression "King of bimbo jungle" used on the Independent for Mr Berlusconi?
    Mr. Berlusconi's world is not virtual. It is actual, if press reports are to be believed. Childish and wild are subjective assessments. There are other choices that are more directly associated with a male strutting about in a 'bimbo jungle', and they are far less positive. If you really want to distill the term in an objective way, then it would be best to reference the definitions of bimbo given here, in previous threads, and in dictionaries.
    An objective statement can also be very damning.

< Previous | Next >