Bingo!!! (Jackpot!!!)

up-to-date

Spanish and Spain
Suppose you're seeking and seeking a very desired object and you find it at last!
Imagine the previous situation for a second... What would you say?
  • Bingo!!
  • Jackpot!!
  • Other.

• nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    Suppose you're seeking and seeking a very desired object and you find it at last!
    Imagine the previous situation for a second... What would you say?
    • Bingo!!
    • Jackpot!!
    • Other.
    I would use "Bingo!" and "Jackpot!" when I get the answer right (and "Yes!" too :D), and when I finally find something I have been looking for, I would go "Oh, here it is!"

You can also use "Jackpot!" when you get something/someone you long for........

cirrus

UK English
    As well as these, if I had been looking for a long time, I'd probably say "At last". If I was really relieved, eg imagine that panicky feeling of not being able to put your hands on something really important like your car keys at the end of a long day in the mountains when it's getting dark/ starting to snow / hail/ raining even more heavily than usual, then I'd say "Thank f**k for that".

Cristina Allende

US, English
    Finally!
    Thank God!
    Yes! (with a special arm movement)
    Alright!
    Bingo!
    Cha Ching! (with a special arm movement)
    The arm movement that I use is this: grab the air with your fist, about even with your head, then pull down, bending your elbow. Stop when your elbow is at 90 degrees with your body.

Some people do the sign of the cross or put their hands together in mock prayer, but I don't do that.

Christina

< Previous | Next >