Bingo! (victoire)

kipan

French
Bonjour,
je me demandais comment traduire l'expression de victoire/satisfaction, exprimée par "bingo!" en Français, quand on cherche quelque chose, tente quelque chose, ou essaye de deviner quelque chose; et subitement on y arrive.
"Je tente de le convaincre de me loger pour la nuit, en lui proposant de lui donner quelques cours de Français en échange. Bingo! Il accepte."
Est-ce la même chose en Anglais?

• pyan

English, UK, London
    Hello kipan.

"Bingo!" is used in English in a similar fashion to the way you described it used in French. "Bingo!" could be used in your example.

I would be more likely to say "Result!" in this case. You worked hard to persuade him to let you stay. "Bingo!", to me, implies more luck and less work.

Omelette

UK English
    I agree with Pyan.
    ‘Score!’ might work in AE (?). But as a BE speaker I’ve never heard it used in that way.

Budd

American English
    I don't agree with you at all, Pyan. Bingo! is often used in AE to mean "You got it!" In other words, you understand. For example:

Guy: You mean that if I take a shower, change my undies, and brush my teeth before I meet a girl, I might have a better chance of sleeping with her?
    Big sister: Bingo!

< Previous | Next >