birds name

< Previous | Next >
  • Schlabberlatz

German - Germany
    Sorry, I can't recognise much. I'm pretty sure that the last two letters in the first word are "st". The second one could be an old-fashioned "r". The second word starts with an "S", or maybe it's an "L". The rest is almost illegible. SxxLexxR? (x = unsure which letter it is.) Sxxtexxx? Something starting with "System"? (Wild guess.)

Are you sure it's a bird's name? Is it written on an egg?

If you have more of this person's writing that you can look at, try to compare the letters.

Last edited:

codhead

english
    Sorry, I can't recognise much. I'm pretty sure that the last two letters in the first word are "st". The second one could be an old-fashioned "r". The second word starts with an "S", or maybe it's an "L". The rest is almost illegible. SxxLexxR? (x = unsure which letter it is.) Sxxtexxx? Something starting with "System"? (Wild guess.)

Are you sure it's a bird's name? Is it written on an egg?

If you have more of this person's writing that you can look at, try to compare the letters.
    hi there schlabberlatz,thankyou so much for your efforts,yes it is written on an egg so im assuming its a birds name but dont have anything else to compare it with,really difficult.
    2 ideas (which do not go together)
    Artic
    Sublegatus
    hi there anahiseri,im sorry but i have no idea where it is from it was in a box in an old loft ,thankyou for your efforts its just really intreaguing.
    My guess was Aust WxxxR. An Australian Warbler??? But that takes us a long way from German. . . .
    hi there minnesota guy,thankyou for your efforts ,it is quite a large egg maybe as big as a chicken so that would rule out the warbler thread but thankyou so much.
    Could the first word be Arzt?
    hi ewie,yes i suppose it could be but what does that translate to please,many thanks ,take care.
    Perhaps ''Arzt (name of the doctor: Scohe/Lohe?) - OK''
    In this case it's not a bird's name, of course.
    hi bearded,thankyou for your reply ill keep trying,take care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer Weiss

Russian
    Arzt Scohera. :cool:

Since the first word is definitely Arzt (means "doctor" in German) I assume the second word is the doctor's surname. The word kind of looks like "Scohera" to me. If you google "the surname" you'll see there are a lot of people with this last name indeed.

codhead

english
    Arzt Scohera. :cool:

Since the first word is definitely Arzt (means "doctor" in German) I assume the second word is the doctor's surname. The word kind of looks like "Scohera" to me. If you google "the surname" you'll see there are a lot of people with this last name indeed.
    hi jennifer,thankyou so much for your help i wonder if there are any birds names that begin with doctor even if they are nicknames,take care.

codhead

english
    I see something like SpoLe in the middle part which could be indicating a "Spottlerche". The first word seems to be "Arst" and the last one is just an "R". Mysterious ...
    hi frieder,thankyou for your help,much appreciated are there any birds names in german that start with doctor even if it is a nickname?take care and best wishes

Jennifer Weiss

Russian
    hi jennifer,thankyou so much for your help i wonder if there are any birds names that begin with doctor even if they are nicknames,take care.
    When I fırst saw your question, I took the time to google a list of birds in German. Unfortunately, I've never found anything that resembles the guesses here. It brings me to the conclusion the word might have nothing to do with the name of a bird in German. It can be literally anything.

codhead

english
    When I fırst saw your question, I took the time to google a list of birds in German. Unfortunately, I've never found anything that resembles the guesses here. It brings me to the conclusion the word might have nothing to do with the name of a bird in German. It can be literally anything.
    oh well thats a shame,the mystery continues but thankyou so much for your efforts,take care and stay safe.

< Previous | Next >