Bitch please

beefeather

Russian
In many humorous contexts I find phrase "bitch please". Its meaning is well defined in internet, but how should I parse this phase exactly?

Is it address to a bitch like in "doctor doctor please", implying you are asking a bitch to do something [to stop being stupid]?
Or is it a rude way of asking a girl for myself, like in "one coffee please"?
Or is "bitch" a verb in this phrase?

Thanks!

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Welcome to the forum. :)

By itself, we can't tell what "bitch please" might mean. You say you've seen these two words together used in many contexts. Could you please quote, say, just two of the sentences in which you've seen the phrase?

beefeather

Russian
    Welcome to the forum. :)
    Thank you!

By itself, we can't tell what "bitch please" might mean. You say you've seen these two words together used in many contexts. Could you please quote, say, just two of the sentences in which you've seen the phrase?
    Urban Dictionary seems to summarize it quite nicely. Not sure how bad their language is to paste it here.
    This one seems decent:

Used to show that person that what they are asking,saying, trying to do, or doing is complete retard and unresonable in your opinion.

Person 1:"Give me $25"

Person 2:Bitch please
    Others are at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bitch Please

theartichoke

English - Canada
    Hi beefeather,

I'm pretty sure this is a variation (crude, and directed at a woman) of what's usually written and pronounced "Oh, puh-leez!" and means "you've got to be kidding!" or a sarcastic "yeah, sure!" I don't know about the "doctor, doctor" example, but "bitch" is the term of address, and "please" is, I suppose, short for "please don't ask me such a ridiculous thing."

perpend

Banned
    American English
    I'm pretty sure this is a variation (crude, and directed at a woman) of what's usually written and pronounced "Oh, puh-leez!" and means "you've got to be kidding!" or a sarcastic "yeah, sure!" I don't know about the "doctor, doctor" example, but "bitch" is the term of address, and "please" is, I suppose, short for "please don't ask me such a ridiculous thing."
    :thumbsup: I agree. It's also used jokingly among gay men.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I agree. It would be spoken, "Bitch" is a term of address, and "please" is an expression of annoyance or incredulity. I'd write the line as: "Bitch, please!"

I've never heard, and hope never to hear, anyone say this.

perpend

Banned
    American English
    I've never heard, and hope never to hear, anyone say this.
    It's hear on cable TV in the USA for sure. It's not some "tabu-phrase". It's said in jest between friends.

It would be a shame if people were afraid to say/write it, since you never hope to hear it.

< Previous | Next >