Bitch, please!

inoy15

Russia - Russian
Hello. I've seen lots of examples of "bitch, please" on the internet. Does it mean "oh, come on, that's stupid what you're saying"? Can I say:

-Hey, man. I read that Mercedes is the best car maker.
-Bitch, please. Of course, it's not.

Thank you in advance.

• Oddmania

French
    Hi,

That's the idea :) You'll probably get away with that kind of phrase more easily on the internet or in text messages than in real life, though.

Last edited:

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Hello. I've seen lots of examples of "bitch, please" on the internet. Does it mean "oh, come on, that's stupid what you're saying"? Can I say:

-Hey, man. I read that Mercedes is the best car maker.
    -Bitch, please. Of course, it's not.

Thank you in advance.
    Between two gay man in the scenario, it sounds very real. :)

Apart from that "Bitch, please" is more common in American English than some would like to acknowledge, man or woman.

It means: What the what? Excuse me. You are wrong.

This is of course all slang, but people (truly) use these terms. :)

I'm confident that women use this amongst themselves. You hear it on TV in the USA (women saying this to women).

EDIT: What wonders me is that women don't realize they call each other "bitches" (again slang) all the time. But, "others" are not supposed to use the term.

EDIT 2.0: Again, SLANG.

EDIT 3.0.: I hope there can be a serious discussion about this, even if it needs to be moved to CC.

Last edited:

suzi br

English / England
    Well, maybe in the US of A, but over here in my circle we really don't use bitch in this way. There may be groups of friends who use it after absorbing US TV shows, but in general it is not common and certainly not a word to use as a term of address in everyday life!

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >