blacklisted guest

Sophia Pumba

english
Hello!

I work in the hotel and sometimes get blacklisted guest asking for room/s. Please help me - what is the most polite way to inform guest that I am unable to accomodate his request? To say the hotel is fully book is not a good excuse. Share me your thoughts. Thanks!

• TrentinaNE

USA
    English (American)
    I would think the hotel has a standard policy about what to say, so that all employees handle this in a consistent manner. Or do you perhaps work in a very small establishment?

I don't have any experience with this, so I suggest you to await responses from people who have worked in the hospitality industry. But I do have some questions: Why are certain people blacklisted? It is because of a bad prior experience at your hotel (such as creating a disurbance, not paying their bill, etc.)? If so, does your hotel management have a problem with being somewhat explicit with such guests, like saying, "I'm sorry, but due to problems with your prior stay with us, we are unable to provide you accommodations in the future" ?

Most curiously,
    Elisabetta

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    Hello!

I work in the hotel and sometimes get blacklisted guest asking for room/s. Please help me - what is the most polite way to inform guest that I am unable to accomodate his request? To say the hotel is fully book is not a good excuse. Share me your thoughts. Thanks!
    One could just say "I am sorry, but the Qwerty Hotel is unable to accomodate you. I suggest you try one of our competitors." This does not indicate that you are booked out, and you do not have to lie. The customer will likely 'hear' what you say as meaning that the hotel is fully booked for that date.
    If the customer should discover that someone else was able to book a room after they were declined they will likely ring and say "I was told the hotel was fully booked" - to which you can reply, "No, sir, you were told the hotel would not accommodate you."

< Previous | Next >