blend of

< Previous | Next >

Cub Pilot

Senior Member
In Webster's Comprehensive Dictionary I found the definition of to scumble. It reads as follows:

In drawing and painting, to soften the outlines or blend the colors of by rubbing, as with
comparatively dry or opaque color.

I can't make any head nor tail of this "or blend the colors of ....
Have I to add blend the colors of something by rubbing , or does of means off/away in this context ?

Any help much appreciated.
  • < Previous | Next >