blinking into

G54250

français - France
Hi guys!

could you help me with Coldplay's lyrics ... I don't understand what they're trying to say, here ...

"As we saw, oh this light I swear you emerge blinking into
To tell me it's alright"

don't have the foggiest idea, except for the "surrounding" words: alors que nous voyons cette lumière [tu y émerges ???] pour me dire que tout va bien

Cheers !

• Franco-filly

English - Southern England
    Hi guys!

could you help me with Coldplay's lyrics ... I don't understand what they're trying to say, here ...

"As we saw, oh this light I swear you emerge blinking into
    To tell me it's alright"

don't have the foggiest idea, except for the "surrounding" words: alors que nous voyons cette lumière [tu y émerges ???] pour me dire que tout va bien

Cheers !
    Comme nous voyions, cette lumière tu y émerge plissant tes yeux pour me dire.............?" or should it be ".....de laquelle tu émerge plissant...?"
    I don't reallyunderstand the lyrics having just googled them:rolleyes:

Last edited:

moustic

British English
    The lyrics are rather strange.
    I suppose you could have a sentence like : he emerged blinking from the dark tunnel ... -> il sortit du tunnel en clignant des yeux ...

"into" doesn't seem to fit here, as you usually "emerge from".

Second thoughts - tu passes de l'ombre à la lumière / tu entres dans la lumière (??) en clignant des yeux.

Last edited:

G54250

français - France
    I've always wondered why I had so many difficulties understanding English songs while I don't much trouble understanding English... it's rather reassuring to see that even natives are a bit lost ;)

moustic

British English
    I've always wondered why I had so many difficulties understanding English songs while I don't much trouble understanding English... it's rather reassuring to see that even natives are a bit lost ;)
    I think the same applies in any language when trying to understand what a poet or song-writer wants to convey ... :)

< Previous | Next >