blood burden

Andrew1980

Hi,

Tht below collocation is taken from clinical trials of anti-flu experimental drug. It is used in the context of laboratory tests to determine eligibility of subjects for enrollment into study:

"Adolescents may have all safety laboratory assessments performed by their local laboratory if the blood burden for duplicate samples is considered too high by the local institution policies"

Does by blood burden the too much of blood quantity is meant here? I.e. laboratory cannot process a lot of samples

• pob14

American English
    I suppose so. It's not a phrase I'm familiar with. Who wrote this? It's kind of a mess. It sounds like adolescents need assessments from a safety laboratory (whatever that is), I don't know how policies can consider anything, and why are the samples duplicates?

Andrew1980

I suppose so. It's not a phrase I'm familiar with. Who wrote this? It's kind of a mess. It sounds like adolescents need assessments from a safety laboratory (whatever that is), I don't know how policies can consider anything, and why are the samples duplicates?
    It is a clinical study protocol of one pharmaceutical company. Duplicate samples are made to ascertain the results of test as they are made in different labs

< Previous | Next >