BMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welsh_Sion

Welsh - Northern
Anyone know what this acronym stands for with regard to work permits and the right to work in the United Kingdom?

Thanks in advance.

• Andygc

British English
    Not surprisingly lb and heypresto consulted the same erroneous source. It seems to be only this group of solicitors (OTS Solicitors) who can't spell. There is no way that BMP is an abbreviation for Biometric Residence Permit, particularly as the official abbreviation is BRP Biometric residence permits (BRPs). I checked Google Translate, but the nearest I could get in Welsh was TBB.

Welsh_Sion, perhaps you could tell us where you found it?

Welsh_Sion

Welsh - Northern
    Context/Source:

I'm translating (into Welsh) documentation that Care and Support Workers need in order to be 'legit' when they work in that sector in Wales/the UK for a well-known Care Agency.

One form (they're mostly forms involving tick box exercises) is "Interview Pack - Compliance Checklist" Part of this involves supplying,

Compliance Documents
    Proof of ID
    (In date, verified*)
    Right to work
    (In date if work permit/BMP, verified*)

[...]

*All fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory and must be completed in branch at
    the time of interview

Thanks for your help so far. :)

Welsh_Sion

Welsh - Northern
    Apparently, after having got my translation agency to contact the care agency, it stands for "Bio Metric Passport" [sic.] I have translated in full as if it was, "Biometric Passport".

And to give you a further idea of their typing skills, they refer to one of their top managers, Ms X MacY, using four different spellings - and that in the same document! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.