board of prison terms

Fannila

Peru Spanish USA
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with "the board of prison terms". The sentence says,
He was appointed to the Committee for the Board of Prison Terms.
I have:
Se le nombró al Comité del Consejo de Perdones de Condenas
Se le nombró al Comité de la Junta para revisar las Condenas
Anybody? Thanks!

• Srgato

U. S., English
    Two things: 1. "committee for the board" is a redundancy--a particularly silly one. I would use only "consejo".
    2. "terms" here refers to the duraciónes de tiempo incarcelado. Perhaps you want to say consejo de duración de condenas.
    This might not be much help. You might get a clearer answer by explaining what this Committee for the Board actually does.

Iuris Tantum

Banned
    Mexican Spanish
    "Currently, the Board of Prison Terms (BPT) in California is the adult parole board, and conducts parole hearings for all inmates sentenced to life terms with the possibility for parole, but all sets terms and conditions of parole for all persons released on parole in California (Board, 2004)"
    http://www.lotsofessays.com/viewpaper/1703569.html

Comité de la Junta de Libertades Anticipadas, por su actividad

Fannila

Peru Spanish USA
    Two things: 1. "committee for the board" is a redundancy--a particularly silly one. I would use only "consejo".
    2. "terms" here refers to the duraciónes de tiempo incarcelado. Perhaps you want to say consejo de duración de condenas.
    This might not be much help. You might get a clearer answer by explaining what this Committee for the Board actually does.

Fannila

Peru Spanish USA
    Mmm... pienso que tienes toda la razón en lo que respecta al comité... voy a averiguar eso. Mil gracias!

Fannila

Peru Spanish USA
    "Currently, the Board of Prison Terms (BPT) in California is the adult parole board, and conducts parole hearings for all inmates sentenced to life terms with the possibility for parole, but all sets terms and conditions of parole for all persons released on parole in California (Board, 2004)"
    http://www.lotsofessays.com/viewpaper/1703569.html

Comité de la Junta de Libertades Anticipadas, por su actividad

< Previous | Next >