"Bob out the Godies"

Discussion in 'English Only' started by subtitler, Jan 21, 2010.

1. subtitler Senior Member

Finland
    Hi!

Kathy Griffin was on Tyra Banks Show and they were talking about "manscaping", straight guys who pluck their eyebrows etc. Kathy then asks, does anyone remember "the joke/show called Bob out the Godies/Goddies? All those godies' sons had full blown drag queen eyebrows." What joke or show does she refer to? Any ideas?

2. TimLA

TimLA Member Emeritus

Los Angeles
    English - US
    Hi,

I've looked and looked and cannot find any title like that, and I don't remember any series like that (and I've lived through much of TV).

So I wonder if the person was joking, and they were joking about the "Growing up Gotti" reality series.

They were probably joking about the fact that the Gotti sons always looked the way she described.

"Bob out" I would guess means something like "pluck out" "dress up" or something.

I'm pretty sure she said "Gotti" and that it was just a joke.

3. subtitler Senior Member

Finland
    Wow, I'm impressed! Good detective work, that must be it. I tried googling everything but that I didn't come up with, probably due to the spelling. Thanks ever so much! You made my day. :)

4. Copyright

Copyright Senior Member

Penang
    American English
    That was an inspired guess -- especially after seeing them.

5. pickarooney

pickarooney Senior Member

Provence, France
    English (Ireland)
    Impressive deduction and thank you so much for that hilarious photo Copyright!