Bogus or legitimate

< Previous | Next >
  • Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Bogus and legitimate have opposite meanings. They may be paired in contexts in which the contrast between them is useful, but to my knowledge they don't constitute a fixed phrase.

Where did you see them? Please include an example sentence with every question. It could be a sentence someone else wrote that you need help with. If it is, please remember to tell us where you saw the sentence. Or it could be a sentence you wrote yourself. If it this, please tell us.

chuan28062000

Vietnamese
    Bogus and legitimate have opposite meanings. They may be paired in contexts in which the contrast between them is useful, but to my knowledge they don't constitute a fixed phrase.

Where did you see them? Please include an example sentence with every question. It could be a sentence someone else wrote that you need help with. If it is, please remember to tell us where you saw the sentence. Or it could be a sentence you wrote yourself. If it this, please tell us.
    There's a tendency in our culture to see when people have been convicted of a crime, no matter if that charge was bogus or legitimate, that whatever happens to them after that is warranted. And I think that's a really damaging and dangerous narrative that we have, that allows these types of things to happen, as the general public just kind of turns a blind eye to it

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    That is a good use of the phrase. Where did you see this text? Please give the name of the book or website or newspaper or whatever.

< Previous | Next >