bolt joining

< Previous | Next >

Madonna Halim

Arabic
"ACE Flat Corner Brace is designed for use in cabinet and furniture assembly applications such as corner and bolt joining" What does "bolt joining" mean here? joining corners by bolts?

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    I googled "ACE Flat Corner Brace" and it shows many pictures like these:
    ACE flat corner brace.jpg491928_2.jpg
    You put screws in the holes, not bolts. The brace is placed on 2 pieces of wood, and the screws go through the holes and into the wood, holding the brace firmly against the wood.

I don't know what "bolt joining" means, in this context. It does not seem to make sense.

Madonna Halim

Arabic
    I googled "ACE Flat Corner Brace" and it shows many pictures like these:
    View attachment 32211View attachment 32212
    You put screws in the holes, not bolts. The brace is placed on 2 pieces of wood, and the screws go through the holes and into the wood, holding the brace firmly against the wood.

I don't know what "bolt joining" means, in this context. It does not seem to make sense.
    Can it be a mistake? and it's supposed to be "butt joining"?

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    It makes sense to use these for "butt joining", which is holding two pieces of woods together at a 90 degree angle to each other. The ACE brace has holes for each piece of wood. I could put one on top of this:

Butt Joint.jpg

Madonna Halim

Arabic
    It makes sense to use these for "butt joining", which is holding two pieces of woods together at a 90 degree angle to each other. The ACE brace has holes for each piece of wood. I could put one on top of this:

View attachment 32213
    Yes, that's what I meant, because it either means "butt joining" or "joining the corners using bolts, but the brace won't join the bolts themselves.

< Previous | Next >