bond (elections - politics)

Poopa'sMom

English and Spanish
Good Day Everyone,
I would like to ask for your opinion about my attemmpt to translate the following phrase from English to Spanish. Thank you so much for your time
"...individuals to serve on a committee of community leaders, which will serve as the independent Citizens' Oversight Committee for the implementation of the Measure G School Facilities Bond Program."
...personas que sirvan en un comité de líderes comunitarios a través del comité ciudadano de supervisión independiente para la implementacion del programa del bono del plebiscito o medida "G" para instalaciones escolares."
Agradeceré sugerencias si son tan amables
Mil gracias,

• Masood

British English
    I thought 'bond' in the political (UK) sense was the deposit that each candidate had to pay to stand in the election, but that doesn't seem to fit in with your sentence.

Poopa'sMom

English and Spanish
    Thank you Masood, You are right, that is not the context. However, I do appreciate your response. I believe it has to do with the use of the funds which are acquired by the school district thanks to the passing of the measure. Let's see what happens and hopefully we will get an additional response to this.
    Best wishes,

axelcloe

Mexican Spanish
    Could it also mean a way of raising funds? Governments issue Treasury Bonds. Maybe this school issues bonds. I know that bond programs come up in local elections all the time and it's usually related with raising funds.

Poopa'sMom

English and Spanish
    Good Day Axelcloe,
    I like your name! Thank you for your attention to my cry for help. I think I came up with a different way to convey the idea; please tell me what you think:
    "...personas interesadas en servir en un comité de íderes comuniatrios el aucl fungirá como el comité independiente de la ciudadanía en la implementación del programa del convenio de instalaciones escolares del plebiscito o medida G." ¿Qué te parece? ¿Qué les parece? I would love to get some feedback if possible. Thank you so very much ☺☻☺☻☺☻

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >