books on abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveAlaysia

English, USA
I am a high school student and just lost my beloved neice. I am trying to deal with it and not hate the man who did that to her. Can anyone suggest a book on abuse like a fiction/non fiction other than 'the boy called it'? Reading books about it, and trying to understand it helps me I guess, maybe thats weird. is there anything specific about maybe WHY people do it, or anything like that? Please let me know it would be most helpful.

Attachments

• Metztli

Mexico Spanish / English
    I'm terribly sorry to hear about that. I know I don't know how you feel.

There's a book called "Understanding Child Abuse" by Cinthya Crosson-Tower.

I haven't read it, but I've heard is very good.
    You might also want to try support groups and therapy.

Good Luck.

QUIJOTE

USA
    IloveAlaysia. Please accept my deepest simpathy for your loss, I hope that one day you find the peace in your heart that you need, if I may offer you an advise, talking about it to someone of your confidence perhaps a priest or a clergyman if you are a religious person, can help ease your feelings, whatever you do don't hold it inside, there are many out there that can help you if you reach out to them. Best wishes.

V/R
    Quijote

Gatamariposa

UK - English (native), Spanish, French
    Welcome IloveAlaysia to the forum, please accept my deepest sympathy for your dreadful loss. I have recently read an amazing book that I can recommend to you it's called 'Sickened-The Memoir of a Munchausen by Proxy Childhood ' by Julie Gregory. It is very moving and interesting.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Gatamariposa :)

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I know we all feel deep sympathy for IloveAlaysia in this difficult and hurtful situation. But these forums are for discussion on language, use of language and support in translation. This situation is outside our scope.

I have already PMed IloveAlaysia to say this.

This thread is now closed, but if any of you wish to provide information for IloveAlaysia, you can do so using PM in this forum, or directly using e-mail (see Public Profile).

Panjandrum
    (moderator)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >