boozy trip

hirondelled'hiver

We had a lovely boozy trip.

Could boozy mean something else different from the word related to booze here?
They talk about kids travelling on a train for hours. It doesn't seem to me people are drinking at all. And boozy associated with lovely would then be strange too, I guess. Any idea?

• Dr. Baha'i

English - U.S.
    This won't be very useful, as I have no idea what a boozy trip could be sans alcool. But I'm interested to find out if someone else can explain it.

hirondelled'hiver

Mon document est audio, je n'entends pas bien: se pourrait-il qu'il y ait une erreur sur la 1ère lettre? Goozy, doozy, ??? :) I'm guessing because I have no idea what a boozy trip could be without alcohol either, so I guess this is a mistake in my transcription. The lady talking is kind of old, like 70, so it might be some old fashion word too. Well, it's not a big deal, but if someone has the slightest idea...

hirondelled'hiver

Great!!! This is it then. That's exactly what she means I suppose. You save my day too :D (I got another of this mispelled word today). You guys are great on this forum!
    Alors on pourrait dire: le voyage était vraiment épique!

hirondelled'hiver

Yes, sorry SwissPete :eek:, I agree completly: 70 is kind of old on the calendar (talking about the 30's and 40's, world war 2, all the rest of it....) but as far as people are concerned, some of us are so lucky to feel always 17 in our head! You were right to express it! :) And wildan1 is true too... but don't say that too loud, you'll never get retired and politicians will make you work up to 97!

david.watty

English-England
    Hello,

This is something the American members might struggle with as its English English not American English.

A lovely, boozy trip means to me that they went on a trip and drunk lots of alcohol, having a good time in the process.

A booze cruise is something else: in english terminology, travelling to france by ferry or eurotunnel to fill up your car with cheap french booze to be consumed once BACK IN ENGLAND is a booze cruise. In fact, you dont have to touch a drop of alcohol until youre safely back home from your booze cruise! (one would hope the driver certainly wouldnt be drinking!)

< Previous | Next >