Bord de ligne

ritam

FR
Hello everybody, id like to translate "bord de ligne" as in "contrôle qualité en bord de ligne". I was thinking of shopfloor quality control but it doesnt sound very accurate to me. Thx for your help :)

• dnldnl

Russian, Ukrainian
    If by "bord de ligne" you mean the area inside the plant where the production-related activities take place, I see nothing wrong with your translation, except that it is probably two words and not one - shop floor.

You could also say production floor, factory floor, plant floor, but I still think that shop floor is the best alternative.

ritam

FR
    Thanks for your help! I think ill choose one of the dnldnl translation because "production line quality control" sounds more like controls made on the production line, which implies that every products are controlled. "Bord de ligne" is a control just next to the process line where the operator will only control a small pourcentage of the production...what do you reckon ?

dnldnl

Russian, Ukrainian
    Thanks for your help! I think ill choose one of the dnldnl translation because "production line quality control" sounds more like controls made on the production line, which implies that every products are controlled. "Bord de ligne" is a control just next to the process line where the operator will only control a small pourcentage of the production...what do you reckon ?

In that case, "shop floor" is not a very accurate trnaslation because the "shop floor" is the whole general area where production takes place.

Now that I understand better what the "bord de ligne" is, I propose something close to what mgarizona suggested:
    1) quality control (areas) along the production line
    2) (small) quality control (work) stations along the production line