1. apple pie New Member

    Hey there,

    I'm looking for a way to translate "bordereau d'envoi". I'm a historian going through French administrative correspondence of the early 20th century. A bordereau d'envoi is a kind of mantle sheet on which all documents attached to a letter are listed. Usually, an administrator would use a bordereau when forwarding a dossier to his superiour.

    I'm specifically looking for UK english, but any help would be appreciated.


    Apple Pie
  2. edwingill Senior Member

    England English
    packing slip or mailing slip or dispatch note
  3. apple pie New Member


    packing slip sounds like it's to be attached to a parcel, am I right?

    What would a dispatch note or a mailing slip look like? Thus far, mailing slip sounds best to me.

    Thanks for your help,

    apple pie
  4. Gerard Samuel

    Gerard Samuel Senior Member

    New York City
    American English
    Well, I know you are looking for UK English, but in the United States at least I think it would be called a "cover sheet." It is the first page of a packet of documents or package or shipment, listing what is being sent.
  5. Kelly B

    Kelly B Senior Member

    USA English
    For a set of documents, I agree.
    ( I'd call the list inside a shipped box a packing slip, though.)
  6. apple pie New Member

    Thanks for the hints, 6 years later :). They're really good, and because the PhD isn't done yet they're still useful.
    Much appreciated,
    apple pie

Share This Page