bossy

• modgirl

USA English, French, Russian
    A good leader is not bossy. The word bossy implies a bit of a domineering attitude. Bossy is not an adjective that we wish attached to ourselves! It does not have a positive connotation.

garryknight

UK, English
    There's only one context I can think of in which you could use it with positive intent: if an actor is playing a bossy person and you want to confirm that their acting is good. Otherwise, no.

marinesea

thank you very much,

and I have one more question:

can be a child called bossy? and if so, can it have positive meaning in this case? or is it still a bad characteristic?

thank you

lsp

NY
    US, English
    marinesea said:
    thank you very much,

and I have one more question:

can be a child called bossy? and if so, can it have positive meaning in this case? or is it still a bad characteristic?

thank you
    I picture immediately a mean kid who can't play nicely with others, who picks on the smaller kid in glasses!

johnL

USA, English
    Artrella said:
    Sometimes, men say their wives are "bossy"... right?
    They can say it, but it won't be a compliment!:) Even if it's true, the wife won't like it!
    No, "bossy" just doesn't have a positive meaning.

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    johnL said:
    They can say it, but it won't be a compliment!:) Even if it's true, the wife won't like it!
    No, "bossy" just doesn't have a positive meaning.

Yes JohnL... I know that.... :D But I wanted to know if this is commonly used in this context as well...
    Ahh Edwin... so you confirm it...mmmm ...ahhh men!! ;)

johnL

USA, English
    Artrella said:
    Yes JohnL... I know that.... :D But I wanted to know if this is commonly used in this context as well...
    Ahh Edwin... so you confirm it...mmmm ...ahhh men!! ;)
    It depends on the man, and it also depends very much on the wife!:) (It will be said much more often of some women than of others, if you catch my drift, Artrella!)

< Previous | Next >