Boston community excursion.

< Previous | Next >

flyingcat2008

china,chino
The strength of Vet Connect, said Mr.Gotesman, is its grass-roots nature. And as we grow, it will be community members reaching out to their own as well. You won't see me at a VetConnect excursio in an L.A or a Boston community excursion.

From New York Times: Helping Homeless Veterans Locally, and Thinking Bigger

VetConnect is an organization in America to help veteran.

Hi, everyone:

I guess "Boston community excursion", means "excursion at Boston community".

Am I right?

• wandle

English - British
    From reading the context, I believe that there is a typo in the text and it ought to read:
    'You won't see me at a VetConnect excursion in L.A or a Boston community excursion'.

The two expressions 'a VetConnect excursion in L.A' and 'a Boston community excursion' are parallel.
    'A Boston community excursion' means 'a community excursion in Boston'.
    The speaker means that he may be seen on a community excursion in New York, but not in other cities, because the organisation works locally.

flyingcat2008

china,chino
    Thanks very much!! I totally understand.:thumbsup:

From reading the context, I believe that there is a typo in the text and it ought to read:
    'You won't see me at a VetConnect excursion in L.A or a Boston community excursion'.

The two expressions 'a VetConnect excursion in L.A' and 'a Boston community excursion' are parallel.
    'A Boston community excursion' means 'a community excursion in Boston'.
    The speaker means that he may be seen on a community excursion in New York, but not in other cities, because the organisation works locally.

< Previous | Next >