botazo (on boats)

Ubetense

English - UK
There are a couple of threads citing botazo on the forum, but neither clarifies a valid term in English for this protection built into/onto the sides of a vessel.

One thread suggests "fender", which I take to be American English and used for what we in England call a "bumper" - and which is of course located on the front and back of cars. So I doubt either of these two terms fits the world of navigation.

Any help appreciated.

• Ubetense

English - UK
    At the risk of repeating myself, I'm indebted to all who support this site; it's knocks the socks off plain dictionaries. And when I've completed this translation (nearly in print now), I hope to contribute more to assisting others solve their problems. Thanks Dlyons and saturne.

Oscarcesars

Spanish
    There are a couple of threads citing botazo on the forum, but neither clarifies a valid term in English for this protection built into/onto the sides of a vessel.

One thread suggests "fender", which I take to be American English and used for what we in England call a "bumper" - and which is of course located on the front and back of cars. So I doubt either of these two terms fits the world of navigation.

Any help appreciated.
    “Boat side-bumper” or an acronym of “boat-side-built-bumper”could be created (sorry, my native language is Spanish)

Benzene

Banned
    Italian from Italy
    I found (from sapiensman.com) that "botazo" = "fender."

Please look at the screenshot below:
    Cattura.PNG
    Bye,
    Benzene