Bottom up development

Iona

English England
Could anyone give me the meaning of the expression 'bottom up development' .It is used in a context of social development. Many thanks - Iona

• SpiceMan

Castellano, Argentina
    Top-down and bottom-up development are usually used to mean a from broad scope towards a narrow scope or from a narrow scope towards broad scope perspective on the development of something.

Both terms are sometimes wrongly used as somewhat equivalents of centralised and desentralised development. (You can have centralised bottom-up developments, and decentralised top-down developments as well.)

Pink bubbles

American English - United States
    I think that it possibly means that they need to start from scratch, so they probably need to either re-do everything or they're starting a new business. Although it may mean something totally different depending on what context you use the phrase in. And I believe that MissFit and SpiceMan have accurate descriptions as well. (It's all in how you use it - and it's often misinterpreted...) I hope that this helps you to understand this phrase better!

- Pink bubbles

Iona

English England
    Many thanks for your help MissFit,Spiceman and Pink bubbles . It is much clearer to me now-Iona

< Previous | Next >