Bouncing up and down...

ch01_kelly

spanish
Hello everybody...

I came across this remark on The Sunday Times newspaper yesterday. Can somebody help me understand the phrase....?

.... and that his deputy is bouncing up and down on a gobby secretary.

Thank you all...

• river

U.S. English
    The word "gobby" is a slang term for "fellatio" in Australian. You can figure it out from there.

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    :warn:
    Gobby means "very verbal" normally.
    Why would he be "bouncing up and down" on a fellatrix?
    "Bouncing up and down" usually means different sexual activity!

river

U.S. English
    When I looked up "gobby" the slang definition above came up. But I guess you're right, Max. Slang wouldn't be in the Sunday Times, would it?

As for bouncing up and down - that's another thread.

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    river said:
    When I looked up "gobby" the slang definition above came up. But I guess you're right, Max. Slang wouldn't be in the Sunday Times, would it?

It's a Rupert Murdoch rag, anything could be in it.
    It's not the paper-of-record which it used to be - The Insight days are long gone!

ch01_kelly

spanish
    I am posting the whole phrase from Jeremy Clarkson on the Sunday Times.
    He and his team work out precisely what he will say about forthcoming events, completely oblivious to the fact that the nation is being swamped with Hungarian paedophiles and that his deputy is bouncing up and down on a gobby secretary.

Does this mean that the man is having some sexual fun with his "talkative" secretary....?

Thank you, river an maxiogee....

BSmith

U.S.A. - English
    ch01_kelly said:
    I am posting the whole phrase from Jeremy Clarkson on the Sunday Times.
    He and his team work out precisely what he will say about forthcoming events, completely oblivious to the fact that the nation is being swamped with Hungarian paedophiles and that his deputy is bouncing up and down on a gobby secretary.

Does this mean that the man is having some sexual fun with his "talkative" secretary....?

Thank you, river an maxiogee....

Jeremy Clarkson is known for being humorous, so that's very likely what it means. It's not a commonly used word by any means.

Urban dictionary says as much.