1. Pierre Edouard Morin New Member

Canada French
    The so called boundary layer as we talk about it in physics

2. Nywoe Senior Member

Canada: English and French
    I have never heard this term used...but in French, it may be something along the lines of "couche limite". Maybe if you explain what it is, I could come up with something better.

3. fetchezlavache

fetchezlavache Senior Member

metz, france
    france
    la couche de valence ? de covalence ? it rings a far far away bell...

4. Nywoe Senior Member

ah yes, fetchez....except that is chemistry, which is why I didn't think of it...la couche de valence is the exterior layer in an atom

5. fetchezlavache

metz, france
    france
    <slaps her own wrist in penance> sorry nywoe, i told you the bell's ring was very faint !! :eek:

6. Ptitlapinblanc New Member

usa, English
    La plate-forme d'essai au sol réduit l'épaisseur de la couche limite du plancher, élément important pour les véhicules, comme les voitures de course, pour lesquels le soubassement de carrosserie est proche du sol.

The groundboard reduces the thickness of the floor boundary layer, which is important for vehicles, such as racing cars, where the car underbody is close to the ground.

7. Ptitlapinblanc New Member

usa, English
    Boundary layer is the extreme outside layer of the displacement effect of an object in motion like the waves you have seen in wind tunnels (souffleries). The boundary layer is like the icing on top of the mutilayered cake

8. Nywoe Senior Member

Edit: Sorry....should have read fully :eek:

9. Ptitlapinblanc New Member

usa, English
    So couche limite is dead on accurate. Chapeau les mecs.

10. Ptitlapinblanc New Member

usa, English
    Sorry, I was trying to contribute. I am new. Dont know protocol. How do I introduce a suggested translation?

11. Nywoe Senior Member

I should be the one apologising Ptit Lapin. What you did was fine; ignore the msg I had posted :eek:. Your explanation was great; it provided context as well as the translation.

12. fetchezlavache

metz, france
    france
    welcome !!!!! :)