braking goes around a little bit

juliano

French - France
Hi,

"Braking goes around a little bit, not bad." What does it mean in this context?

It would be something like: "Le freinage est bon. Il "contourne" un petit peu, pas mal."

• SwissPete

Français (CH), AE (California)
    I have no idea what Braking goes around means.
    Neither do I understand what contourner would imply in freinage.

Can you give us more context? Where did you find this "sentence"?

Are you sure there is not some punctuation missing?

juliano

French - France
    The man is driving a super-car on a track, he says: "Four wheel drive traction, holds it down."

And when he takes a turn: "Braking is good. Well it goes around a little bit, not bad."

Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    Hello juliano, this is clearly colloquial and "loose" speech - the sort of thing someone would say. but probably wouldn't write, because it's vague. Without seeing the rest of the text it's difficult to be sure. What is happening with the car when the speaker makes this remark? Is it going into a bend, and that's why he's braking? I think when the speaker says "it", he is referring to the car, not the brakes or the way the car brakes.

Braking is good (= the car brakes well). Well it goes around a little bit ... (Well, the car skids a bit (on bends)....?
    Basically, you haven't given enough context for us to understand it properly.

Uncle Bob

British English
    The question has to be asked if it is the same rubbishy transcript of what is said in a gossipy shorthand and a very strong American accent, as for previous threads. In which case it may not even be what is written down before you.

If I'm right I have the feeling you are fighting a lost battle!

juliano

French - France
    Hello juliano, this is clearly colloquial and "loose" speech - the sort of thing someone would say. but probably wouldn't write, because it's vague. Without seeing the rest of the text it's difficult to be sure. What is happening with the car when the speaker makes this remark? Is it going into a bend, and that's why he's braking? I think when the speaker says "it", he is referring to the car, not the brakes or the way the car brakes.

Braking is good (= the car brakes well). Well it goes around a little bit ... (Well, the car skids a bit (on bends)....?
    Basically, you haven't given enough context for us to understand it properly.
    Hello Enquiring Mind,

Thanks for the precisions. Yes it's exactly that, there is not more context so I deduced too he was talking about the car and no the brakes because it wouldn't make sense.

The question has to be asked if it is the same rubbishy transcript of what is said in a gossipy shorthand and a very strong American accent, as for previous threads. In which case it may not even be what is written down before you.

If I'm right I have the feeling you are fighting a lost battle!
    Yes that's it... I listened the video in slow-motion, he says exactly that. The problem is they talk testing cars in a colloquial way and strong American accent, so yes it's not easy.

< Previous | Next >