break down one sentence into two

iboon

thai
Hi All,

"Each sorbent carries its pros and cons with respect to cost, efficiency, and applicable climates, though the more recent reports favor using an amine because of its low temperature requirements when extracting the captured CO2 for storage purposes."

Can I rewrite the sentence above into two sentences: "Each sorbent carries its pros and cons with respect to cost, efficiency, and applicable climates, though the more recent reports favor using an amine." "Because it requires low temperature when extracting the captured CO2 for storage purposes."?

Thank you

• owlman5

English-US
    That is a long sentence, iboon, but I don't think you should try to split it as you did in your post. The second "sentence" in your example is really just a dependent clause that can't stand on its own as a complete sentence.

iboon

thai
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, I agree with you; it is a long sentence. That's why I am trying to spilt the long big sentence into two sentences, but as you said I didn't achieve that. Any suggestion if I want to make the sentence shorter to be easy to read.

< Previous | Next >