Break It Off

namlan

Banned
Vietnam
- Baby! Let's break up. You really make me feel so tired, and you also don't know to respect me at all.

- Instead of this, can I say " Baby! Let's break it off. You really.........................."?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan

• Joelline

American English
    ...make me feel so tired, and you don't respect me at all.

If you want more than this simple correction, you'll have to give more information about what you're looking for.

vicky1027

usa english
    - Baby! Let's break up. You really make me feel so tired, and you also don't know to respect me at all.

- Instead of this, can I say " Baby! Let's break it off. :tick:You really.........................."?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan
    You can say it either way, the meaning is the same...

Dimcl

Canadian English

- Instead of this, can I say " Baby! Let's break it off. You really.........................."?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan
    "Break it off" would work just as well as "break up", Namlan. I must say, though, that the rest of your sentence is quite stilted. "You really make me feel so tired and you also don't know to respect me at all" is very stiff. And, if you're in the habit of calling your lady-friend "Baby", I guess it's okay but that is soooo 70s.:D Here's how it might be said in my world:

"Let's break it off. You suck all of my energy and don't respect me either. We're through!"

vicky1027

usa english
    ...And, if you're in the habit of calling your lady-friend "Baby", I guess it's okay but that is soooo 70s.:D Here's how it might be said in my world:

"Let's break it off. You suck all of my energy and don't respect me either. We're through!"
    Ha!Ha! That's a little rough, don't you think? ;)

namlan

Banned
    Vietnam
    Dear you guys!

- "You suck all of my energy" here means " You make me feel so tired" and "We're through" here means "We're done!" or "Let's break it off", right?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan

< Previous | Next >