Breastroke style (breast stroke)


Senior Member
Is there any name for a breastroke swam style, which is performed under water? By this I mean that your face is in water?

Thank you :)
  • Hotmale

    Senior Member
    No, I am just translating a sentence. In Polish it is "żabka kryta" :)

    Thank you for your interest :)


    Senior Member
    When swimming underwater, the most efficient way of using the arms is to do the same thing as what you do when swmming the breaststroke on the surface.

    However, the kind of kick used is your choice. The dolphin, breastroke and flutter kick may all be used, and the flutter kick is used with fins.

    That may be the reason we have no name for a "swimming underwater style".


    Senior Member
    New Zealand, English
    Yeah, I agree. Usually, when people are swimming underwater, they will naturally do a breast stroke-type movement, so it's probably just called swimming underwater.
    < Previous | Next >