Breeze of Ecstasy

< Previous | Next >

thehope

Arabic
Hi

Can I express the joy and happiness using the word ecstasy?

"Travelers can see gorgeous natural views that enable them to inhale the breeze of ecstasy."

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    I think "ecstasy" is much too strong a word here. "Ecstasy" is sometimes used about the last few seconds of sex. It is also used for people who are completely overwhelmed by pleasing emotions, due to music or drugs or religious feelings. Ecstasy is always extreme excitement: it is not used about calm, quiet, peaceful, serene moments of joy, such as a traveler might have while experiencing nature.

To find other synonyms for "joy" and "happiness", try the website thesaurus.com, which is an online thesaurus (a book of synonyms and antonyms).

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    that enable them to inhale the breeze of ecstasy."
    To me, that whole clause is over-poetic, unnatural and rather weird. It seems to be a close translation of the Arabic, which tends to use far more florid language than English. To have credibility, the clause needs to be "toned down". :thumbsup:

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    Is it a translation, thehope? A translation of some kind of travel literature? If it is, that kind of language is inappropriate for an English-speaking readership.

Can I express the joy and happiness using the word ecstasy?
    If it's just a question of self-expression, you are free to say anything you like. What is your purpose?

< Previous | Next >