Bridgewater

fendengampen

Spanish
Hola a todos, ¿alguien que pueda decirme qué es un bridgewater? No tengo contexto, hablan de la construcción de uno pero no se menciona qué. ¿Un acueducto, quizá? (por lo de "puente de agua", no sé...).

Gracias foreros.

PD: También he posteado en el específico de terminología técnica, por si alguien de allí maneja más esto.

• stevea

UK English
    In the Oxford English Dictionary, bridgewater is a type of cloth!. There is also a Bridgewater canal in the UK. Maybe something related to the place or canal?

fendengampen

Spanish
    No, stevea. In fact, in this context Bridgewater is used also as a name. An alien says that in our language his name would sound like this word: bridgewater.

What kind of clothe is a bridgewater?

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Unless this word came to you in a dream, all by itself, you must have some context. Was it an advertisement? A sentence in a novel? Something you heard on television? Without some context, (and you do have some context), it is impossible to give you a coherent answer.

fendengampen

Spanish
    Unless this word came to you in a dream, all by itself, you must have some context. Was it an advertisement? A sentence in a novel? Something you heard on television? Without some context, (and you do have some context), it is impossible to give you a coherent answer.
    I'm telling you, GreenWhiteBlue, the context is this: Bridgewater is used also as a name. An alien says that in our language his name would sound like this word: bridgewater. So there are not explanation about what a bridgewater can be. It's just the name of an alien being.

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    I'm telling you, GreenWhiteBlue, the context is this: Bridgewater is used also as a name. An alien says that in our language his name would sound like this word: bridgewater. So there are not explanation about what a bridgewater can be. It's just the name of an alien being.
    All right, that is part of the context. Now, was this a line in a novel? Was it on a television program? What was the preceding sentence?

All of those things are context as well.

fendengampen

Spanish
    All right, so it is a comic book, and the complete dialogue is:

-Hey, you never told me your name.
    - My name? well, in your language it would be "Bridgewater".
    -Bridgewater. I like it.

And that's all. REALLY. Unless you want me to tell you what's the comic about, but I think It doesn't matter. Bridgewater is only used at that part, as I told you.

Anyway, If Bridgewater is used as a name, I think I will not translate it into spanish.

< Previous | Next >