bring my English level closer to that demanded in interpreta

Abedul_2f

Español, Spain
Hello folks,

Could you tell me if the following sentence is well-formed? Thanks in advance!

I hope that being immersed in a native environment during two months will help to bring my English level closer to that demanded in interpretation.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Would you please point out the specific part that worries you? If you give us a starting point, a question about a word or a construction, we will be glad to help.

We don't check over a text for errors ~ we call it proofreading, and it is against the rules.

Abedul_2f

Español, Spain
    Oh, yes, sorry, there are two parts that specially worry me. I'll highlight them:

I hope that being immersed in a native environment during two months will help to bring my English level closer to that demanded in interpretation.

Thank you very much

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    "Help to" and "that" are fine here, and the sentence as a whole is well formed. I have only one small suggestion. I would say "for two months", as you seem to be talking about the entire duration of the time. I use "during" if something happens within the stated time, but not continuously.

Abedul_2f

Español, Spain
    Thank you very much for both the checking and the explanation of for/during. I never managed to understand the difference between both of them, so thank you for explaining it!

< Previous | Next >