bro handshake / homie handshake

swift

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
Buenos días:
El saludo que se representa en la siguiente imagen se denomina, en inglés, “‘bro’ handshake” o “‘homie’ handshake” (a veces también “‘bro’ shake”).
Handshakes-06-GQ_31Oct13_b_813x494.jpg
Un ejemplo contextualizado:
The homie handshake is only for cool people. If you're not cool—move on! A variety of ways to meet and greet your friends in public from the conventional to the extreme. If you want to know how to give a traditional handshake, this isn’t the place for you. We are going to show you the type of handshake you might give when meeting your mates, impressing your nephew, or when trying to be “down on the street”. It’s not the kind you would want to showcase at work or a formal do—unless you are a rap star.

How to Give the Homie Handshake
¿Conocen algún nombre para este tipo de saludo en español? A mí lo único que se me ocurre es “saludo (al estilo) rapero”. :(

Gracias. :)

Muchos saludos.

Last edited:
  • gengo

American English
    I'm afraid I can't help with the Spanish, but be aware that many Americans would not understand those terms that you give. Of course, everyone is familiar with this type of handshake, but not everyone knows its name, or even that it has a name. I myself might have been able to guess the meaning, but I wasn't sure until I saw your drawing.

gengo

American English
    I was curious about this, so when I went for a swim today, I asked four people about it. I did the handshake with them and asked them what they would call it. Not one person had an answer.

Not a scientific survey, of course, but for what it's worth...

< Previous | Next >