broader narrative of search

aintor

Chinese
On Sunday morning, Hall responded to Q:

You make stirring points. I can't help but think I've been skimming the surface on intimacy some, as you intimate.

But there is much unpublished. The broader narrative of search is clear; the motivations and affectations are incompletely stated. My relationships have a resonant depth for me. At times I feel something sorely lacking; don't all humans have those moments? I have no long view of a single face, and perhaps I could know something more meaningful from more interpersonal patience. I've been looking for that partner; the lesson, seems to be ... Sit still boy!

Hi Everybody,

I am completely confused by the text above. It's a letter written by Justin Hall on his website. I don't understand the whole letter at all. The text in red is especially confusing, because I don't know what does that "research" refer to, and have no idea of the meaning of "long view". Can anyone help please!

Thanks

• panjandrum

Occasional Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I haven't a clue what that means.
    I guess that "interpersonal patience" means patience with people, but I have no patience for this kind of writing.

Cypherpunk

US, English
    I don't want to sort all of this out. I'm with Panjandrum, I think. The writing is affected and self-impressed, and I understand your frustration.

A more common form of the broader narrative is the big picture. In this case, the writer is saying that if you look what I'm doing, the bigger picture is that I'm searching. He goes on to say that he's not posting every thing that's going on (...incompletely stated). I believe he's saying that he has no long term plans for a single relationship (long view of a single face), and he could stand to learn a lot from being more patient in his relationships with others (obviously, he is speaking about his dating patterns, responding to a charge that his relationships lack depth and meaning, even though he says he has strong feelings in each of them).

I hope this helps, because I think I hit my limit.

aintor

Chinese
    I don't want to sort all of this out. I'm with Panjandrum, I think. The writing is affected and self-impressed, and I understand your frustration.

A more common form of the broader narrative is the big picture. In this case, the writer is saying that if you look what I'm doing, the bigger picture is that I'm searching. He goes on to say that he's not posting every thing that's going on (...incompletely stated). I believe he's saying that he has no long term plans for a single relationship (long view of a single face), and he could stand to learn a lot from being more patient in his relationships with others (obviously, he is speaking about his dating patterns, responding to a charge that his relationships lack depth and meaning, even though he says he has strong feelings in each of them).

I hope this helps, because I think I hit my limit.
    Thank you Cypherpunk, I think now I'm can catch the general meaning of this letter! Thank you again!

< Previous | Next >