French base brochage

Dictionary entry: brochage
V

Vera Sampson

My bank has made a brochage on my account, which is certainly nothing to do with bookbinding as your lonely definition translates broachage. What is that all about?

• Bella1

UK Bilingual French/English
    Could it be something to do with laminating a document eg a credit card? Go to Google and type 'brochage bancaire'.

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    Hello,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry you didn't find the translation you were looking for. Unfortunately, we can only translate the senses that are in our French base, none of which have anything to do with a bank account.

There does seem to be a sense relating in some way to a bank card, but it looks like it's something technical to do with how the electronic chip is read. I'm not sure how that would relate to something your bank has made on your account.

I'm going to pass this report to @Lacuzon on our FR base. He will decide if any new senses need to be added. If you have any further information that might help him identify the sense you are looking for, I'm sure he would appreciate you posting it here.

If you need fast help with a translation, the best place to post is our French-English vocabulary forum, where you will always find users ready and willing to help you. This forum is for reporting errors and suggesting improvements to the dictionaries, rather than for translation advice.

Lacuzon

Dictionary Editor
    French - France
    Bonjour,

I'm afraid I have no idea what it is about whatsoever. Wouldn't it be rather blocage?