broken veins

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member

¿Cuál es el término médico usado en castellano para "broken veins"?

I felt very toxic; had memory loss and pain in the head. Pain in right side near ribs. Terrible broken veins in legs. Tired much of the time and would depend on coffee to stimulate.
  • ChemaSaltasebes

    Senior Member
    Castellano (España)
    Arañas vasculares (telangiectasias).
    En España al menos, a veces se denominan, coloquialmente, varices o venas varicosas, aunque en puridad no sean lo mismo (ver aquí pej.).

    An inaccurate popular term applied to the condition of TELANGIECTASIA which is a localized dilatation of blood vessels near the surface of the skin.​
    Thread veins – also known as spider or broken veins – are one of those physical characteristics you probably never think about until they appear on your body.​


    Senior Member
    Perú / Castellano
    Hola pordiosero:

    Pues no es un término médico sino coloquial.

    Broken blood vessels — also called “spider veins” — occur when they're dilated, or enlarged, just beneath your skin's surface. This results in small, red lines that spread out into a web-shaped form. They can develop anywhere on the body, but they're more common on the face and legs. (Source)

    Podría decirse venas varicosas, o arañas vasculares(?)
    < Previous | Next >