brosser le fromage

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by corinnea, Jan 4, 2013.

  1. corinnea Senior Member


    Je fais une traduction sur le fromage et pour l'expression 'brosser le fromage', je voulais savoir si je pourrais dire brush the cheese, ou s'il y avait un autre mot, mieux approprié.

  2. reveurs New Member

    Quel est le contexte?
  3. corinnea Senior Member

    Il parle des affineurs qui prennent soin de leurs fromages, et qui les brossent etc
  4. petit1 Senior Member

    français - France
  5. Omelette

    Omelette Senior Member

    UK English
    Or for example ‘Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels are brushed and turned continuously.’ And you can buy a cheese brush.
    So I guess that’s your verb. :)
  6. realestate Member

    American English
    Brushing cheese is a very technical concept. While it's correct to use the word "brushed," as an American I might go with "wash" - because a cheese is going to be marketed here as a "washed-rind" cheese or an "ale-washed" cheese.

Share This Page