Bucket list [actual or mental]?

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.

High on grammar

Farsi

Hello everyone:

Does ‘’bucket list” refer to an actual physical list , or is it just a mental list of the things you want to do before you die?

Thanks

• owlman5

English-US
    Hello. I suppose it could refer to either possibility. I haven't thought about it before, but thorough, organized types might even write out the lists of things they wish to do before they die.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    As I understand the term, they're usually written lists. However, the person may or may not post them somewhere publicly. :)

Andygc

British English
    Without some context provided by a sentence it could be a list of the buckets that a bucket factory makes, in which case it would be written.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Given your reference to dying, it is likely that the answers you received above fit your context. This thread may also help: cross/check that off our <bucket list>.

However, we ask for more information with each question so we can be certain that we are giving a definition that fits your context. In this case, 'context' would be the complete sentence in which you saw the phrase, or in which you plan to use it, as well as a description of the topic being discussed.

If the answers don't fit the context you have in mind, please give us more information and people will try to be more helpful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >