buena acogida

Vittoria Cameron

Spanish - Chile
Hello everybody!

I've searching for an answer for one hour but I'm still not satisfied. Pls help me!

I have to translate a letter from spanish to english. It's a letter that comes with a report. It ends like this:

Esperando una buena acogida, se despide cordialmente,

xxx
C.E.O.

So far I've come up with:

We look forward to your favorable response.

Yours faithfully,

xxx
C.E.O.

But I don't know why it soounds weird to me...

Help! :)

• colombo-aussie

Spanish - Colombian
    Hello everybody!

I've searching for an answer for one hour but I'm still not satisfied. Pls help me!

I have to translate a letter from spanish to english. It's a letter that comes with a report. It ends like this:

Esperando una buena acogida, se despide cordialmente,

xxx
    C.E.O.

So far I've come up with:

We look forward to receiving your favorable response.

Yours faithfully,

xxx
    C.E.O.

But I don't know why it soounds weird to me...

Help! :)
    Por lo demás la encuentro perfecta.

BocaJuniors

Spanish & English (parejos y por añales)
    Una buena acogida (de la carta) simply means that "he or she hopes his/her letter is cordially welcomed or received" as Colombo indicated, but there is nothing that indicates in the example provided in Spanish about "hoping for a favorable response." That is probably why it is sounding weird to you.

fenixpollo

American English
    I've seen the phrase "I hope this letter finds you well" in personal correspondence from the last century. It sounds like the closest equivalent phrase in English, but I wouldn't use it in a business letter.

What is the purpose of the phrase "esperando una buena acogida"?

Vittoria Cameron

Spanish - Chile
    Thank you all so much for your inputs!!! But I already send it as it was, an aussie friend of mine said it was OK, so I went ahead and just sent it!

Have a great day!

< Previous | Next >