Buenas noches

kellyt3112

U.S English
hey another thing i need help with is more with conversations please fill in the blanks...

A-Buenas noches.
B-___________________

A-?__________________?
B-Estoy bien. (look at this one first to figure out A)

• VenusEnvy

English, United States
    Inés: Ah, gracias amiga. Quería saber eso. Aunque sé que es bastante formal, vale saber para mi. :p

Kelly: If you want to ask another question that veers from the original topic, open a new thread. And, giving your new thread a relevant title (not "help me" or "I need a translation") helps other members find it if they have the same question. (We have a search feature which searched for words in titles.)

I'd also like to add that although we're helpful, we don't do people's homework for them. I hope this isn't homework...
    Why don't you try to fill in the blanks first, then we can help you?

Good luck, chica! :D

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    kellyt3112 said:
    yes i do, do u think i am dumb?
    No creo que estás torpe o stupida, pero pues, es solamente que alguna gente no sabe como hacerlo. Y, como trato a ayudarle a la gente, quería asegurarme que supieras.

zlatha

Spain - Spanish+Catalan
    calm down kelly, she was only trying to help you.
    And you don't need to be a genius to know what to reply when someone says "buenas noches", just check on a normal dictionary what that means and you'll see why no one is replying to your question.

sergio11

Spanish (lunfardo)
    kellyt3112 said:
    slow down there buckshot! i dont know that much spanish!
    Calm down, Kelly; Venus didn't try to outsmart you, or overwhelm you, or go over your head with Spanish.

She only said, "I don't think you are dumb or stupid. It is only that some people don't know how to do it (referring to the starting of a new thread), and, since I am always trying to help people, I wanted to make sure that you knew how to do it".

Since you are relatively new to the forum (only 8 posts), it was a fair question to ask.

You may be surprised, but I did not know how to start a new thread until very late in my postings. Actually, I think I know how to do it, but I have never started a thread myself. I have always entered into a thread that someone else has started. :)

Ah! and I don't mind if someone tries to help me.

Cheer up!

And, by the way, with only 8 postings, I think we can still say to you, "Welcome to the forum!" We hope you will have lots of fun and make many friends here.

cjromo

Chile, Spanish
    if someone says 'buenas noches' you should answer with the same sentence: 'buenas noches'.
    It is important that you know that this sentence is both to greet someone when it is night time and also when you are going to bed. In that sense, 'buenas noches' would mean both 'good evening' and 'good night'

darth_r3ivaj

Madrid (Spain) - Spanish
    A: Buenas noches
    B: Buenas noches / a tí también.

-------

A: ¿Cómo estás?
    B: Estoy bien.

-------

This is what I would say.

'good evening' and 'good night'

Yes, you must look at the context. ;)

No creo que estás torpe o stupida, pero pues, es solamente que alguna gente no sabe como hacerlo. Y, como trato a ayudarle a la gente, quería asegurarme que supieras.

I would say better this:

No creo que seas torpe o estúpida, pero bueno, es sólamente que algunas personas no saben cómo hacerlo. Y, como trato de ayudarle (I prefer "ayudar") a la gente, quería asegurarme que supieras (and you better add: "cómo hacerlo" at the end of the phase.)

;)