Bugs Bunny tries to get noice

< Previous | Next >

arueng

CHINESE

Hi,

I just watched the above cartoon, and I still don't have the slightest of the meaning of "get noice." And I couldn't find it in any dictionary. So what does it mean to you? Thanks.

• mplsray

Hi,

I just watched the above cartoon, and I still don't have the slightest of the meaning of "get noice." And I couldn't find it in any dictionary. So what does it mean to you? Thanks.

The cartoon version available via YouTube is a "YouTube Poop" version, meaning a parody made by redubbing and re-editing a video, in this case a Warner Bros. cartoon starring Bugs Bunny. I doubt the original cartoon had the same name.

"Noice" is a representation of a pronunciation of the old Brooklyn accent in which the er and oi sounds were merged, as explained in this Wikipedia article. Bugs Bunny had a combination Bronx/Brooklyn accent. The word he had in mind was "nurse." (He was talking to a mad scientist who was experimenting on him and had him laying in a hospital bed.) Watch his hands when he first says it--he mimics the form of a woman.

Addition: The original cartoon was "Hot Cross Bunny," discussed in this Wikipedia article.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >