bugs with great rear ends / half a pound ones

< Previous | Next >

s21d

hindi
Bugs Bugs
I love bugs
bugs with great rear ends
half a pound ones.

Kindly tell me if the adjectives in the above poem are- great, rear, half a pound?

<----Excess quote removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->

After relentless search, I've finally been able to know the poet of the poem. This is by Jack Prolutsky.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • s21d

hindi
    Please tell us where you saw this poem.

But yes, they are adjectives.
    I was looking for resources to teach adjectives to my kids online and then I stumbled upon this poem.
    So, I hope the word 'rear' in the above poem should also be treated as an adjective. But could you tell me if 'rear' is related to appearance or shape?

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    After relentless search, I've finally been able to know the poet of the poem. This is by Jack Prolutsky.
    I think by "Please tell us in a post", Florentia52 meant, "Please tell us the name of the poet in a fresh post". If you edit your original post to include the name of the poet, it's likely to be missed by people who've already read the OP as they may not read it again.

But could you tell me if 'rear' is related to appearance or shape?
    Neither. It has its normal meaning--the back of something. It's in the dictionary. As Heypresto says, rear end is a term referring to the buttocks--the end of the body at the back.

< Previous | Next >