bulb replacement

< Previous | Next >

windyvalley

Chinese
Hi,

We are discussing the discriptions below and could not make our decision which one is more proper:

Long lifespan LEDs---a) no bulb replacment is needed
b) never need replacement

We would like to express that LEDs has the advantage compared to normal light bulbs.

Which one is more grammatically correct? and do you have any suggestions? It is better to be concise

Thanks.
Wv

• Istarion

British English
    Hi Windyvalley,
    You've put hyphens in your example so it's hard to tell if you're trying to make a complete sentence. If you are, then "Long-lifespan LEDs never need replacement" is the only one that makes sense. If you're not trying to make a sentence, you can write "Long-lifespan LEDs --- never need replacement" and you don't need to worry at all if it's grammatically correct!
    Nevertheless, I still prefer b). It's more concise, which as you say is a good thing. I might change it to "never need replacing", since that sounds more natural to me.
    -I.

windyvalley

Chinese
    Hi Istarion.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    We are not going to make a complete sentence because of the hyphen. However, before I read your post, I thought that "never need replacement" sound a little bit odd to me as I thought its subject should be people, not a thing-like LEDs. seems that I am wrong.

So if I do not make a sentence, b is also the better one.

< Previous | Next >