Bulk submission to search engines

Marsario

Italia, italiano
Tool A allows for bulk submission to lots of smaller search engines...

Can you help me to understand the meaning of that sentence?
What is a bulk submission?
Thanks,

• DocPenfro

English - British
    The word "bulk" suggests a large quantity. You might buy your printing paper "in bulk", instead of buying one ream at a time. Your tool A will send your search query to lots of search engines, so you don't have to use them (e.g. Google, Bing etc) one at a time.

Marsario

Italia, italiano
    Hi, thank you for the answer. Still, I am not 100% sure this is the case. I’ll write a bit more context, please tell me if you’d understand the sentence differently, then.

The "tool A" is a back link checker, so its main work is telling you which domains link to your website. The whole sentence would go:
    "It allows for bulk submission to lots of smaller search engines, as well as monitoring uptime, responsiveness, and rankings and enabling auditing of some elements of your web pages".
    I am not sure that it would send a search query to different search engines, since it is rather a monitoring tool.
    What the submission could be within this context?

Thank you

Thelb4

UK English
    I would suggest that it perhaps submits the domains to the search engines so they might be included in results of future search queries.

sdgraham

USA English
    Your question, posed with extremely limited context, cannot be answered precisely because your sentence does not say what is being submitted in bulk.

The only thing we know is that your tool is submitting more than one of whatever it is that is being submitted as one action.

Anything else is unsupported speculation.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    I would suggest that it perhaps submits the domains to the search engines so they might be included in results of future search queries.
    That is correct. This question is about WebCEO, a search engine optimization (SEO) program. It does this to make sure that the search engines know about a site. Otherwise, they might not find out about it for a long time.

(The identity of "Tool A" is not a secret. It would have been nice to know it from the beginning instead of having to do our own research.Why make life difficult for people when you ask them for free help?)

Marsario

Italia, italiano
    Hi, thank you for your answers.
    Meanwhile, I found out that (bulk) submission is a very specific term, this page helps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website_submission.
    If I understand right, Thelb4’s comment was quite appropriate, wouldn’t you agree?
    Sdgrahm, there is not much more context than what I have written; you can check the source by copying into google the sentence:
    "allows for bulk submission to lots of smaller search engines"

Marsario

Italia, italiano
    (The identity of "Tool A" is not a secret. It would have been nice to know it from the beginning instead of having to do our own research.Why make life difficult for people when you ask them for free help?)
    You are right, but I recently posted the name of a tool and the moderator removed it telling that I should not advertise...

EDIT: Thank you for your answer, anyway!

< Previous | Next >