Bundle of knowledge?

< Previous | Next >

florance

danish
Hi everyone

I am trying to say something like"it is hard to learn so many things at the same time"
but it sounds too simple so i wanna say

its hard to acquire such a huge bundle of knowledge at the same time
but I think its a bit awkward... is there any good phrase that means "a lot of knowledge" (or something like that?)
many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    Why on earth would you want to avoid the beautifully simple "It is hard to learn so many things at the same time" in favour of the cumbersome "It's hard to acquire such a huge bundle of knowledge at the same time"? Good English doesn't mean complicated English - on the contrary.

But as for your basic question, usual collocations are a store of knowledge and a wealth of knowledge (though admittedly, these are usually related to knowledge after you've learnt it).

(PS: "i wanna" is not good English!)

JustKate

I kind of like "huge bundle of knowledge." Keith is right that "learn so many things" is probably clearer, and it's certainly more common. But "huge bundle" makes me think of a confusing mess. I see an image of a bunch of wires all tangled together, and I like the vividness of that image.

florance

danish
    Thank you so much! I personally am a huge fan of simple English but I am not working in a publishing Corp. and my boss demanded a so-called "aesthetic" and "advanced" set of collocations and word as opposed to friendly and effective ones.....

But kind of fun to look at all the unusual alternatives too on the bright side.

Many thanks again!

< Previous | Next >