(Bundle) packages

HolyUnicorn

Mandarin / the Shanghai Dialect
Hello,

"We have two packages available for purchase - a single-report package and one that includes six law school reports.

Single-report package — includes one LSAT, one LSAT Writing, CAS, and one Law School Report
Six-report package — includes one LSAT, one LSAT Writing, CAS, and six Law School Reports

Please Note: Bundle packages are not required, and you may register for the LSAT and/or CAS individually if preferred."

From General Error | Law School Admission Council

Is “bundle” redundant here? How does it contribute meaning to the sentence?

• Jektor

English (UK)
    I am not quite sure what "bundle" is supposed to mean here.
    If it means "bundles of single report packages" (bundles of up to five Law School Reports) then I suppose it makes sense.

Uncle Jack

British English
    Is “bundle” redundant here?
    Not really, as "packages" on its own would not be entirely clear as to its meaning, However, a different word such as "these", making it clear that the sentence is referring to the types of package just mentioned, would probably be better. Alternatively, the entire clause could be omitted, and the sentence could say:
    Please Note: You may register for the LSAT and/or CAS individually if preferred.​

I am more familiar seeing the word "bundle" than "package" for this sort of thing.

< Previous | Next >