bundle

< Previous | Next >

LlamaDuck

Bulgarian
I have a discussion at my work place about how to properly use the word "bundle". We are giving away gifts to partners and want to say that we are giving each a bundle, which consists of a camera and a photo album.
Should we rather say:
"a bundle of a camera and photo album"
or
"a camera and photo album bundle".

Please, give opinions. Also, references and grammar rules will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• lingobingo

English - England
    Is bundle an appropriate word for a gift?

To me a bundle is a special offer in the form of a product sold together with one or more accessories/peripherals at a price lower than you would normally pay if buying those items individually.

LlamaDuck

Bulgarian
    Is bundle an appropriate word for a gift?

To me a bundle is a special offer in the form of a product sold together with one or more accessories/peripherals at a price lower than you would normally pay if buying those items individually.
    Thanks for your reply, Lingobingo! I agree about the meaning of the word, of course. "A bundle" kind of fits our message, I promise. It is a sort of an in-joke to use expressions, similar to sales promotions, but I still wish I can use it correctly.

Packard

USA, English
    I think if you call it a "gift bundle" it would work fine.
    The Oscars (Academy Awards) calls them "gift bags". Of course you would have to place the gifts in a bag to say that. Notoriously the value of the 2019 gift bags (and their contents) was over $100,000.00. The IRS is interested.:)

Packard

USA, English
    goody bag
    noun
    Definition of goody bag
    informal
    : a bag containing a small gift
    Each guest was given a goody bag.
    Definition of GOODY BAG
    Since it would be appropriate to present the gift in some sort of packaging, a bag would be a good choice. I'm not sure a camera and a album qualifies as a "small gift", but the "bag" part works for me.

The winner will be presented with a gift bag containing a Hasselblad H6D-400c camera and a library bound leather album.:)

< Previous | Next >