bunny bumpkin

< Previous | Next >

VicNicSor

Banned
Russian
In the cartoon Zootopia, rabbit Jude is training for being a cop in a police academy. The drill instructor is addressing her as Bunny Bumpkin.
I'm not sure if it must be capitalized (some transcripts do, some don't). I know what 'bunny' and 'bumpkin' are (Jude does come from the countryside). But what is it? Kind of a proper name? And if it were bumpkin bunny or Bumpkin Bunny, would it be idiomatic? I mean, does the word order here matter? Thank you.

• apricots

English - US
    Misread, you know what they mean. Either word order works and it should be capitalized.

Myridon

English - US
    There may be nothing to it, but the name might be a reference to Squirrel Nutkin.
    The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin is a children's book written and illustrated by Beatrix Potter and first published by Frederick Warne & Co. in August 1903. The story is about an impertinent red squirrel named Nutkin and his narrow escape from an owl called Old Brown. The book followed Potter's hugely successful The Tale of Peter Rabbit, and was an instant hit.

ewie

English English
    It reminded me of Squirrel Nutkin.
    Even Beatrix Potter wasn't consistent: her two famous rabbits were Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny.

< Previous | Next >